The Broad Center is a nonprofit organization that recruits, trains and supports talented leaders from across America to transform urban public-school systems. Our programs—The Broad Academy and The Broad Residency in Urban Education—prepare these professionals to put their skills and know-how to work and make student learning the primary driver of every central office dollar and decision. In public school districts, charter management organizations and state departments of education, more than 500 members of The Broad Center’s alumni network are working with educators, parents and community leaders to help schools soar. Regardless of the setting, the goal is the same: make public education systems more effective, more efficient and more equitable so that every student receives a world-class education.
Our culture and team set us apart; our people are dedicated to driving impact and making a difference every day, and our climate is collaborative and vibrant. Diversity, equity and inclusion are vital to this environment. Our diverse skills, experiences, backgrounds and differing viewpoints lead to stronger ideas and lasting results, and our commitment to the values of equity and inclusion show up in our programs, our partnerships and for our staff.
The deputy director will serve on The Broad Academy team, reporting directly to the director, recruitment and selection. The deputy director will be involved in the development and execution of recruitment and selection strategies and practices for The Broad Academy. The two-year program accelerates the impact of leaders in advancing educational excellence and equity on behalf of the students, families and communities they serve. The deputy director will support recruitment and selection of a diverse cohort of fellows that will participate in five in-person sessions in various locations across the country. Through these sessions,cohort members will learn from and be inspired by experts, veteran educators and each other’s knowledge and experiences about what is possible for students in our nation’s urban public schools.
This position is an individual contributor role based in Los Angeles, California. Travel required for the position is approximately 30 percent.
The Deputy Director of Recruitment and Selection will own the following:
· Assist with the development, planning and execution of a national recruitment strategy and a rigorous national selection process with a specific focus on senior executive recruitment
· Proactively develop and execute multiple effective outreach efforts that speak to the value of the program and ensure diversity in the candidate pool
· Attract and cultivate senior executive candidates through all phases of the process, including supporting, inspiring and coaching individuals and providing a positive candidate experience
· Proactively build and lead multiple strategic relationships and partnerships that generate positive brand awareness for the Academy
· Support management of applicants, candidates and Fellows through consistent follow-up and communication to maintain engagement and excitement about the Academy
· Conduct research and collect and analyze data to inform recruiting practices and strategies that drive program success
· Utilize various social media and web-based tools for recruitment
· Drive continuous improvement using critical thinking and analytical skills in all aspects of the work
What You'll Need:
· Eight to 10 years of professional work experiencewith a demonstrated track-record of successfully recruiting, hiring and/or placing diverse senior executives
· Demonstrated success and experience in accurately evaluating and assessing talent to rubrics, profiles, etc.
· Knowledge of and experience with Salesforce preferred
· Experience utilizing social media and web-based tools to recruit preferred
For Questions, please contact Yanika Daniels at Talentsearch@almaadvisorygroup.com
About The Broad Center
For 15 years, The Broad Center has been at the center of our nation’s efforts to provide every student with a world-class public education. At our core, we believe every public school system should be and can be an engine of excellence and equity. America’s students deserve nothing less.
We prepare and support remarkable, dedicated professionals who create conditions to empower good teachers to do great work so all students can learn and thrive.