Ciclismo Classico is seeking a Marketing Director. As a specialized "boutique" tour operator since 1988, Ciclismo provides the most authentic, unique and exciting bicycle vacations in the adventure travel industry. Our well-crafted educational bicycling and hiking trips in Europe are active immersions into local art, language, music and, of course, delicious cuisine. By combining legendary service and transformational cultural experiences, our philosophy continues to energize and transform each and every guest.
We embrace our active travel niche and “pedal your passion” culture. Our strengths and excellent reputation lie in our 30 years of active travel expertise, superior and personalized customer service, and multi-talented staff and members of our tour leadership team. Our entire Ciclismo US and Italian base and 26 multilingual guides are passionate about doing things the Ciclismo way-with a sense of fun, creativity and total dedication to quality. Job Description The Marketing Director is responsible for creating, executing and measuring successful marketing programs that drive and working closely with the sales team to convert leads. This position requires a blend of digital marketing, lead generation, and content creation skills with hands-on experience and a proven ability to manage to milestones and goals while increasing “lead to opportunity” volume, velocity, and quality.
You will manage digital platforms and key channels used to promote the bicycle and adventure travel business and utilize analytics to understand and report out on metrics / ROI from campaigns. This individual will help educate the team on best practices in sales, digital marketing, web content management, and web optimization, email campaigns, and will also be responsible for driving the development of new exciting content including trip itineraries, blogs, videos, press releases, and partner proposals. This is a fantastic opportunity for a resourceful, success-driven, and experienced individual who is passionate about the travel business and the growing world of recreational bicycling. The ideal candidate will have relevant experience in marketing in the adventure travel/ lifestyle industry, with prior success planning and executing programs utilizing specific marketing strategies.
The Marketing Director will have a proven track record of running campaigns that result in improved marketing productivity and growth of the sales pipeline. This individual requires a strong track record of hands-on experience and driving successful campaign results. The right candidate thrives on the metrics, reporting, and processes of B2C marketing and effecting change to grow businesses. You’ll have a creative eye and an aesthetic that guarantees that our brand visually rocks above the rest. You will manage a small marketing team towards high productivity and ROI and interact with the sales team and Ciclismo ambassadors to ensure that leads to convert.
You’ll are an exceptional writer and storyteller who can transform ideas that engage our audience into compelling content. You'll travel and bicycle to beautiful places, experience our Ciclismo tours and meet our wonderful guests. You’ll network with our cycling and travel vendors, be involved with local and national cycling events and be promoting a "product" that has been transforming lives and making the world a better place, one pedal stroke at a time since 1989.
Our working environment is casual, supports cycling to work and taking ride breaks on the Minute Man bike path, three blocks away.
• Lead generation and conversion to achieve annual sales targets
• Manage the marketing team to execute the tactics and drivers to campaign results
• Develop and manage the execution of campaigns and tactics that meet objectives across email marketing, physical events, content syndication, SEO, surveys, customized demand generation programs and additional channels as necessary.
• Develop and execute nurturing programs for early and mid-stage leads.
• Manage content strategy and assets, utilizing them for maximum impact across the buyer journey.
• Develop press releases, blog posts, white papers, and other marketing collateral.
• Plan and coordinate trade shows, workshops, and executive-level networking events.
• Ensure effective implementation and configuration of CRM, and websites to align with internal processes, segmentation, and metrics.
• Contribute to the optimization of the website as a lead generation channel.
• Capture and analyze key metrics, providing post-campaign analyses and reporting, working with the business development and sales teams to optimize performance and ROI for all marketing programs.
• Leverage marketing automation – to develop, launch, manage and measure lead generation and lead nurturing campaigns.
• Own and manage the day-to-day operation of marketing automation processes and tools, which includes data import, data management, customer segmentation, and targeting activities as well as KPIs and reporting.
• Manage and align with the business development and sales teams to ensure proper transfer and measurement of leads across the full sales funnel.
• Manage paid social and other media buys for measurable impact.
• Grow audiences & leads through inbound methodology.
• Review new technologies to keep the company at the forefront of developments in digital marketing.
• Create and implement an effective integrated marketing strategy that focuses on lead generation, effective segmentation and hitting our sales targets
• Lead the content development strategy
• Ensure that marketing and sales teams are integrated, aligned and prepared to close sales
• Working with the social media and content manager, ensure our communities continue to grow and drive traffic to our websites
• Working with the content development team, create editorial calendars and ensure content is driving awareness and conversions.
• Oversee the SEO strategy
• Oversee production of annual brochure
• Oversee the website for accuracy, brand message, functionality, ROI The Marketing Director will report directly to the Founder and be networking within one of the fastest growing, rewarding and most exciting niches of the travel industry.
• Marketing and Sales Experience in the adventure travel industry
• Outstanding verbal and written communications skills
• Creative with business disciplines
• Demonstrated understanding of core marketing and pipeline metrics
• Excellent attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task while driving results
• Agile; thrives in a fast-paced, small company setting
• Excellent interpersonal skills and eagerness to work as a member of the team while providing leadership through creativity, tenacity, flexibility, dependability
• Exceptional communicator – visual, written, and verbal
• Data and results-driven
• Extensive travel experiences and knowledge of the adventure travel industry
Ciclismo Classico is a World Class Bicycle Tour company with 30 years of experience offering a bicycle tour with a high level of cross-cultural immersion. As a specialized "boutique" tour operator since 1988, we provide the most authentic, unique and exciting vacations in the adventure travel industry.
Our well-crafted educational trips in Italy, throughout Europe and beyond are active immersions into local art, language, music and, of course, delicious cuisine. By combining legendary service and rare cultural experiences, our Ciclismo philosophy continues to energize and transform each and every guest.
Ecstatic Guests are our Number 1 Goal
At Ciclismo Classico, our mission is to make every ride your first - full of learning, excitement, hope, joy and freedom. We feel privileged to serve our unique itineraries to an international community of active travelers, ages 2 to 92, who share a love for cross-cultural learning. Our guests' curiosity, spirit, and passion continually inspire us to reach for the highest standards possible. The group energy that blossoms on every Ciclismo tour will invigorate you and your fellow companions.
We design i...tineraries that reveal the incredible variety, scenic beauty and cultural treasures of each region. And our efforts show it! We’ve were awarded “One of the Best Adventure Outfitters on Earth” by National Geographic Adventure in 2009 and 2010, And National Geographic Traveler named our Sardegna Multisport tour one of the “50 Tours of a Lifetime.” We've also been covered by Bicycling, the Denver Post, Business Week, the Boston Globe, the Wall Street Journal, and many more.
We thoroughly research, scout, and continually upgrade each itinerary, so that you will experience the best and most authentic aspects of each tour. In addition to traveling these distinctive, breathtaking routes, we design itineraries that encourage you to taste the regional food, speak the language, discover the history, and even dance with the locals! Continuous feedback from guests, guides, and our own personal visits enhance each and every biking and hiking tour.
Dedication to Educating Each Guest
Seeking the secrets of superb cuisine? Love learning languages? Fascinated by different cultures and festivals? We don't just give you a taste of local culture - we indulge you in it course by delicious course. The Ciclismo Classico Bicycle Tour Collection proudly serve a delightful and varied menu of cross-cultural events and fun activities that will heighten and delight your senses. Whatever your personal interests, activities, or pursuits may be, Ciclismo Classico guarantees that we will reveal to you the essence of the landscape, local people and culture.