Want the opportunity to take your career to the next level in a fast paced environment and be a part of an amazing company? Look no further, this is the job for you! A Sponsorship & Exhibit Manager’s job is challenging, but it’s so rewarding! Our Sponsorship & Exhibit Managers oversee all facets of non-dues revenue sales with direction from the Executive Director including: developing and maintaining sponsorship strategies, targeting and communicating to existing and potential sponsors/donors, and exceeding financial goals and objectives. This position is a key member of the association team and develops new sponsorship revenues, uncovers and cultivates sponsorship relationships, works with key staff on all sponsorship deliverables and exceeds budgeted sponsorship targets. If this piques your interest, keep reading!
This position reports to: Executive Director
Roles that report to this position: Chapter Coordinators and Chapter Assistants
Job Responsibilities & Duties:
· Develop and execute, in concurrence with the Executive Director, comprehensive, multi-level and integrated sponsor recruitment and retention plans, and programs to support the strategic objectives of the organization.
· Ensure standard operating procedures (SOPs) are written and kept up to date for all sponsorship tasks and functions. Identify areas lacking in procedure or documentation and work with Executive Director to reduce and eliminate gaps.
· Working in coordination with the Executive Director, ensure the value proposition and messages to sponsors and donors are relevant and compelling across all industry segments and other key demographics. Suggest and implement enhanced and unique sponsor benefits not currently being offered.
· Ability to manage staff and interns as required
· Develop and implement a sponsorship sales plan for increasing revenues in a cost-effective manner. Target objectives include increasing sponsorship sales and creating sponsorship products and other deals in order to meet or exceed the overall business objectives.
· Meet and exceed all sales and revenue targets.
· Develop, maintain and implement sponsorship program guidelines to increase sponsorship recruitment, satisfaction, and support. Develop new sales strategies and determine new business opportunities.
· Manages all sponsorship activities. Responsible for sponsor prospecting, proposal customization and presentation, contract revision and servicing, sponsor follow-up and support, trade shows development and representing the company at industry functions.
· Meet and exceed financial sponsorship goals by utilizing telephone solicitation, electronic and written correspondence, face-to-face meetings, web/internet sales and any other means as sales tools.
· Develop an understanding of customer’s data and trends as well as historical data.
· Build and foster relationships with all sponsors.
· Create and develop new revenue opportunities through continued sponsorships inventory development, promotions, and in-kind relationships.
· Organize and manage sponsorship fulfillment including signage, digital, web, onsite presence, complimentary tickets, etc. and assist in executing and managing all sponsorship deliverables.
· Prepare and review all sponsorship agreements.
· Develop and execute systems for sponsorship recaps annually for all major sponsors.
· Tracking and organization of board and committee tasks and deadlines, keeping projects on time and organized
· Coordinate meetings (internal & external) and distribute meeting notices with appropriate details (dial in instructions, location addresses/directions, etc.) Prepare meeting materials including meeting agenda, reports, PowerPoint) presentations/decks, and other supplemental materials and distribute.
· Join both internal and external meetings (in person, phone, and video conference) take notes and minutes and distribute.
· Answer phone calls, assess caller needs, answer general inquires appropriately (dates and times of events or where to register) or funnel calls to the appropriate person for additional assistance. Ability to assess and “gate keep” and funnel calls appropriately. Listen and respond to any voice mail messages promptly and on a regular basis and forwarding any messages as needed and track completion of action items.
· Read and respond to email messages promptly and on a regular basis with clear, concise, and detailed information. Forward any specific email messages as needed and track completion of action items.
· Communicate effectively, with members, outside vendors and clients and funnel any elevated items to supervisors where appropriate
· Ability to fully navigate all standard Microsoft Office Suite Programs (Outlook, excel, word, PowerPoint) autonomously. Templates provided for specific formats but elevated knowledge of excel formula’s, document formatting, etc. is necessary
· Update, compile, and suggest topics for documents, letters, templates, etc. as requested (Policies & Procedures, contract templates, compliance documents, sponsorship reports, etc.)
· Prepare weekly and monthly reports and analytical information for distribution to appropriate people including staff, committees, and board of directors
· Develop and implement a sponsorship budget to achieve the sales plan, as well as forecasts and planning to meet and exceed financial targets.
· Spearhead preparation of the Sponsorship budgets (in conjunction with accounting staff) including organization and research of quotes, data, projections, trends, and other financial information, checking formulas and calculations to assure accuracy, etc.
· Familiarity and understanding of organization budgets and basic financial practices, and ability explain financials “basics” to laymen and subordinates
· Track and submit payments as needed
· Process payments as required through online payment system, apply payments within the AMS system, distribute receipts, etc.
· Complete payment request forms and submit receipts to accounting as required, confirm accuracy of posting.
· Maintain regular outreach to help strengthen sponsor connection to the organization.
· Develop and implement strategies for retention of existing sponsors and new leads and sales, including the regular solicitation of sponsor feedback.
· Ability to conduct research and analyze sponsor data and provide thorough overview, assessment of trends, and plans of actions to meet organization goals and objectives. Ability to assess needs of what is requested and make solid recommendations to increase/enhance sponsor satisfaction, retention, and new sales efforts.
· Represent the organization with sponsors, including speaking publicly for the organization when needed.
· Provide general customer service, event details, and other items as required in support of sponsor fulfillment and other organizations initiatives. Completing outreach to sponsors and key partners/contacts when needed.
· Provide complete and accurate monthly sales reporting and provide to appropriate people in a timely manner
· Maintain complete and accurate sponsor database/lead databases including updating records.
· Distribute sales materials to potential sponsors and execute all sales initiatives.
· Support execution of organization marketing calendar by providing sponsor related content to marketing department for eblasts and other promotions, social media, website content, etc. to ensure the membership value proposition is clearly and consistently communicated through all communication vehicles.
· Spearhead planning, content creation, and execution of sponsorship materials as needed including brochures, welcome gifts, promo items, etc. and finding creative ways to promote membership benefits and perks.
· Interface with Marketing to create and manage online sponsorship programs to ensure a steady stream of prospects and future sales.
· Ability to build and deploy eblasts, surveys, and other materials as needed to support sponsorship initiatives.
Events & Programs:
· Support onsite registration including set-up, tear down, checking in guests, onsite registrations, distribution of materials, collection of payments, and general customer service as needed.
Board of Directors, Chairs, & Committees:
· Interact with the Board of Directors, Chairs, and Committees as needed and guide in the preparation and execution of plans
· Support Executive Director as needed with reporting, analysis of data, updating of policies, and other items
· Managing other special projects as determined by the Executive Director in support of organization objectives.
· Any other duties as required
· Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred and/or 3-4 years of related experience.
· Proven ability to drive sales and ability to forge lasting relationships
· Experience with marketing and member communications, and membership acquisition, engagement and retention programs.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (outlook, excel, word, PowerPoint)
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with high attention to proper grammar and spelling
· Basic working knowledge of e-communication systems such as Constant Contact, MailChimp, etc.
· Basic working knowledge of AMS systems such as NOVI, StarChapter, Memberclicks, etc.
· Basic working knowledge of cloud based storage/communications systems such as Google Drive, Basecamp, Smartsheets, etc.
· A positive and friendly attitude towards guests, customers, and fellow employees
· Strategic thinker and visionary leader with a passionate and optimistic mentality who seeks to improve/promote quality in the organization while exhibiting objectivity and openness to others’ views.
· Must be a team player, self-starter, motivated
· Highly responsive and takes initiative
· Highly organized, able to prioritize, and provide timely work product
· Able to multi-task, works well under pressure, ability to handle tense or stressful situations
· Detail oriented, and provide thorough and accurate work product
· Ability to be flexible and adapt to spontaneous request or needs that may arise
· Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
· Professional, flexible personality
· Understand the importance of wardrobe, uniform requirements
· Honest, trustworthy, and dependable, integrity to safeguard confidential information
· Professionally represent Paragon Events when dealing with staff, customers, and vendors.
Salary, benefits, & schedule: Including salary TBD + profit share/commissions
The marginal functions of this position have not been included. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by the manager.
Paragon Events offers extensive benefits for full time salaried employees including Health & Life Insurance, 401K, PTO (Paid Time Off), Company Car after 3.5 years of service, and much more. These benefits would follow the standard company policies and additional information can be provided as requested.
Standard office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 am – 5:30 pm EST. There are times that evening and weekend support is required based on upcoming projects, programs & events, etc. This position would be an in-office work space.
Due to the sensitive nature of our business, access to private information, and other factors Paragon Events, Inc. does require a background check on all new employees through the Florida Department of Law Enforcement website. This is not an expense to the potential employee but an expense paid for by Paragon Events, Inc.
All contracted and regular employees of Paragon Events, Inc. are required to read, and sign the Confidentiality and Non-Complete agreements. These agreements are maintained in employees personnel file and enforceable by law.
This position is for our Delray Beach, FL office.
About Paragon Events Inc.
Paragon Events is a full-service meetings, association management, and marketing firm headquartered in Delray Beach, Florida. Our current portfolio of clients is comprised of corporate, government, technology, healthcare, and non-profit organizations, in addition to a high-end social clientele. President & CEO, Renee Radabaugh attains over 30 years of experience, leading our team of experts to work closely together to achieve our clients’ goals with accuracy and efficiency.