The Senior Manager of Direct Response Media is responsible for creating the strategic roadmap and operational direction for all digital and other direct response media marketing efforts. This role’s primary focus will be to support of the Direct to Consumer (D2C) business to drive consumer awareness, interest, traffic and sales across Carhartt.com and Carhartt retail stores in alignment with ROAS targets. Additionally, this role will provide strategic and operational marketing plan guidance for Wholesale.com Channel Partners, such as Amazon and Dungarees.
This role has formal leadership responsibility for the Email, Search Engine Marketing (including PPC and SEO), direct response Digital Advertising (video, display, etc.), direct response Paid Social Media, Affiliate marketing and Amazon Marketing Services. The Senior Manager will collaborate closely with the Marketing, Brand Media, Social Media, Creative, D2C and Wholesale business partners to drive alignment in support of the overall Carhartt Brand marketing strategy, to deliver the optimal consumer experience and to meet business/sales objectives.
We are All Leaders at Carhartt
In our words and by our actions, we strive to emulate the hardworking example set forth by our founder, Hamilton Carhartt. We Lead Business by creating value, delivering on results, and making changes along the way. We Lead Self by being dependable because hardworking people count on us to have their back every day. We Lead Others by communicating and clearly defining the path as we walk bravely into the future. Working at Carhartt, we are all given a seat at the table and the honor of continuing the legacy.
• Coach, mentor and develop all direct reports for the Direct Response team; provide guidance and mentorship of the individual contributors on the media team.
• Budget and KPI Leadership: Oversee team budget by ensuring accurate monthly/quarterly guidance and connect marketing actions/investments to brand leading outcomes/KPI's to drive continuous improvement and align with overall corporate performance.
• Provide regular updates to senior leadership on the progress and KPI’s of digital marketing initiatives.
• Develop and implement the annual D2C Direct Response media plan and strategic roadmaps, oversee program management, and provide leadership to internal eCommerce, Retail and cross-functional teams and agency partners for all direct response marketing activities (Email, SEM, Digital, Affiliates, SMS, Social, etc.).
• Leverage digital and direct channels to increase the reach and awareness of Carhartt and increase traffic on Carhartt.com and to Carhartt-owned retail stores.
• Provide strategic guidance, strategic roadmaps and operational planning for Wholesale.com Channel Partner media plans.
• Provide leadership to Marketing, Brand Media and Sales teams and agency partners for Wholesale.com Channel Partner marketing activities.
• Create and deliver comprehensive reporting and benchmarking on how consumers are cross-shopping and purchasing Carhartt products in all digital channels.
• Prioritize and plan digital initiatives with a focus on those that achieve the highest return on advertising spend, business growth, consumer acquisition and loyalty, consumer retention, consumer lifetime value and profitability and strategic position.
• Establish and monitor metrics to track performance, assess and report on external trends, optimize channels, improve messaging and creative, and recommend strategies to improve/optimize direct response marketing efforts.
• Implement test frameworks and Attribution Models that employ a test and control methodology to measure the impacts of channels and programs (new and existing) on one another in order to drive the most efficient ROAS across all channels and programs and determine new channels/programs to implement.
• Champion best practices regarding the measurement of ad effectiveness, especially as it relates to multi-channel attribution across the various touch points and devices in the marketing mix.
• Identify emerging trends & opportunities to better serve and reach existing and prospective consumers directly through digital and other direct interactions.
Bachelor's Degree Required in Marketing or Related Field
Equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of degree
10 or more years of experience in eCommerce, Direct Response Media/Marketing, or Retail Marketing.
3 years of previous leadership experience, demonstrated through project management, agency management or management of others.
Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills, including a strong commitment to follow-up, follow-through, collaborate with cross-functional teams and a sense of urgency.
Strong ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Demonstrable experience and results in leading and managing SEM, Digital Marketing, Email, Affiliates, and Social Media strategies.
Proven analytical, problem solving and creative thinking skills with the ability to interpret and translate data into actionable proposals.
Excellent attention to detail.
Strong computer skills required including website technologies with a clear understanding of applications capabilities.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Apparel, Retail, or Brand experience preferred.
Telecommuting is allowed.
IN 1889, HAMILTON CARHARTT ESTABLISHED CARHARTT, INC. IN DETROIT,
MICHIGAN. Today, the global premium workwear brand is headquartered in Dearborn,
Michigan, and employs more than 4,700 associates worldwide. Carhartt remains family owned
and managed by the descendants of the company’s founder, ensuring his mission
to serve and protect hardworking people is carried through in every garment it produces.
Known for rugged construction, exceptional quality standards, durability, functionality,
and comfort, Carhartt apparel is legendary among workers, and those who pursue their
passions in the rugged outdoors.
Right now, our brand is bigger than ever, and growing. We always are looking for top talent
in a variety of fields who share our mission and embrace our commitment to deliver
premium-quality products and service. Sound like the place for you? Let’s chat!