The Director of Business Outreach and Communications is responsible, in collaboration with Common Capital’s president, for external communications, outreach to businesses and potential referral sources and partners, and contributing to strategic development. The Director will publicize Common Capital’s loan programs and generate new loan applicants with a focus on the City of Springfield. The Director will identify potential loan applicants; screen applicants for eligibility; and educate and assist potential loan applicants with their entry into the loan application process. The Director will be responsible for Common Capital’s digital assets and for regular communication with Common Capital’s investors.
Identify and network with organizations and individuals in Springfield that have relationships with business owners; provide them with information about Common Capital’s loan programs; and develop connections with potential small business loan applicants
Reach out to existing small businesses to provide information about Common Capital’s loan programs
Assess initial eligibility of small business loan applicants and assist eligible applicants with entry into the loan application process
Develop and administer effective communications, including social media and collateral, to ensure high visibility and awareness of Common Capital’s programs
Manage, update, and strengthen website content
Continuously analyze data on all platforms to ensure use of best practices in marketing
Create, publish, and distribute quarterly newsletter to investors
Maintain and build upon relationships with Common Capital’s core constituencies and expand audiences to increase community understanding of the organization’s mission and work
Assist the president and other team members in the advancement of Common Capital’s mission
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree; business, marketing or non-profit experience is a plus; or commensurate experience
· Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), and public presentation experience; training experience a plus
· Experience in program design and management; Outreach program design is a plus
· Three years of experience in professional services related to a specialty such as marketing, entrepreneurship, and/or other business-related experience; credit analysis, and or business lending experience is a plus
· Capacity to communicate effectively and collaboratively with diverse communities, including colleagues and customers; ability to communicate effectively with racially, ethnically, and economically diverse communities in an inclusive manner
· Bilingual in English and Spanish required
· Strong knowledge of MS Office as well as experience with website and social media platforms; MS 365 Teams experience is a plus
· Experience in both creating and managing marketing content
Telecommuting is allowed.
About Way Finders
Everyone deserves a home.Way Finders confronts homelessness head on in communities throughout western Massachusetts, including Hampden and Hampshire counties. We have developed targeted services that help people lift themselves up and out of homelessness with a focus on Housing, Real Estate, Employment Support and Community Services.